Objectives and Code
- The specific and primary purpose is to establish and maintain a permanent association for research into and study of the history, traditions, tools, mode of living, etc., of the trappers, explorers, and traders known as the Mountain Men.
- Further purposes are:
- Establish and maintain a permanent museum and research center to house and make available books, artifacts, films, speakers, etc.
- To provide a means for the dissemination of information related to our purposes and objectives.
- To provide a continuous program of living history.
- To teach the skills and help develop the abilities which were actually needed and used by the original Mountain Men.
- To help preserve the right of all free men to keep and bear arms.
- To help preserve our native wilderness and wildlife by teaching and practicing realistic conservation.
- To help establish brotherhood and trust between our members.
- To help our members find deep affinity with nature that is a basic and necessary trait of all true Mountain Men.
- I shall at all times consider a man’s private life none of my business unless he wishes to make it so.
- I shall at all times strive to be a self-reliant individual, asking for help only if and when it is necessary.
- I shall at all times consider my word a sacred trust, a bond which is not to be broken.
- I shall at all times respect the personal property of other members, considering thievery an act deserving contempt.
- Before entering any camp or lodge I shall first make my presence known, then enter only if invited.
- I shall at no time fire any firearm in camp or give any other false warning of impending danger.
- During any survival situation, I shall be willing to divide any food and water I have and give any other assistance to people found in need.
- I shall take from nature only what I need or can actually use, practicing good conservation of our native wilderness and wildlife.
- At any association activity I shall follow the rules set forth by the Booshway in charge or leave of my own free will.
- I shall at all times strive to improve myself, my wilderness abilities and my knowledge of nature’s law.